Every Shabbat morning we welcome our young families to pray with us at any one of our five Shabbat services.
Pick the one that's right for your family!
- Shabbat Shirah (Ages 0-4) from 11:00-11:45 am
- Shabbat B'Yhad (Grades K-2) from 10:45-11:45
- Shabbat Experience (Grades 3-6) from 10:45 am-12:00 noon
- Teen Minyan (Grades 7-12) 9:30 am
- Main Sanctuary Services begin at 9:00 am. Learn more about our various Shabbat Minyanim and read our "Guide to Shabbat at TIC".
Kabbalat Shabbat Service for Families with Young Children
Join us at our monthly Kabbalat Shabbat Service for Families with Young Chilldren. This beautiful musical, participatory service takes place on the first Friday of the month at 5:00 pm
TIC NURSERY SCHOOL
We provide a warm and nurturing environment where our children achieve their full potential—socially, emotionally, creatively, cognitively, physically and Jewishly. By incorporating music, art, movement, and problem solving, we foster our children's total development with special sensitivity to the differences in needs and abilities at various stages. We celebrate our children's Jewish identity every Shabbat with blessings over the candles, wine and challah. We sing songs, tell stories and invite parents to join in too!
And for our parents and caregivers who are pulled in so many different directions, we offer several extended day options.
- Toddlers:Yoga and Music; Toddler and Me; Parenting Center
- Two's:Three or five mornings/week; Stay & Play Option Until 4:30 p.m.
- Three's:Three or five mornings/week; Lunch Bunch and Extended Day;Stay and Play until 4:30 p.m.
- Four's: Three or five mornings/week; Lunch Bunch and Extended Day; Stay and Play until 4:30 p.m.
- Early Bird Arrivals from 8:30-9:00 for two's, three's and four's
SHORASHIM RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
The Shorashim Religious School community includes our children beginning in Kindergarten and extending through the 6th grade. We embrace all students , including those with special needs, and teach them about their Jewish identity, help them develop Jewish literacy, demonstrate and foster learning skills in Jewish prayer, teach Jewish values such as the mitzvah, create an appreciation of lifelong Torah study and foster the development of a bond with Eretz Yisrael, the State of Israel. Learn more about the Shorashim Religious School >>
HAVURAT TORAH MIDDLE and HIGH SCHOOL
Havurat Torah Middle and High School begins in the 7th grade. Our teens see how the Jewish values they learn inform their everyday choices. As our teens build lifelong friendships, Jewish learning becomes meaningful. Through text study, research and teamwork, our teens enhance their critical thinking and problem solving skills. This growth helps to prepare them for college and for life! Learn more about Havurat Torah >>
K-12 YOUTH GROUPS
- Halutzim (pioneers) includes our children grades K-2. Halutzim meet a few times a year to be part of a youth group experience. This year Halutzim enjoyed a fun scavenger hunt, among other events.
- Ruah (spirit) is our youth group for grades 3-5. Ruah generally meets monthly either in the synagogue or at another venue designed to foster strong, social relationships among our children. This year Ruah activities included bowling and a Saturday camp night out with movies, smores and hot chocolate.
- Kadimah (forward) includes grades 6 and 7. Kadimah offers an opportunity for its members to learn how to be part or a Board, and to plan activities that build leadership skills and provide community service. Often our chapter participates in divisional and regional Kadimah events.
- USY (United Synagogue Youth) incorporates grades 8-12. USY empowers teens to make an enormous impact on the TIC community.
Over 90 boys and girls in grades 5-12 represent TIC in the Westchester Jewish Basketball League. Our teams provide another wonderfully fun avenue for players to strengthen their connections to the Jewish community while improving their basketball skills!